9 years ago our family made Algoma, WI our new home. Just over 5 years ago we bought a 10 acre hobby farm two miles south of town where we could raise our own food. This blog is about the things we’re learning along the way about living a life of quality in rural Wisconsin. Scroll down for more…
…that would take away their neighbors’ legal right to report health violations. Read about it here;
I think the thing that surprised me most about moving to Kewaunee County, Wisconsin was the frequent air quality alerts I received on my smartphone. This article explains why: After looking into animal friendly farming recently I was appalled to … Continue reading
News coverage of the Rural Health Dilemma forum held on November 16th is still flowing throughout the state. As long as agricultural practices continue to be the largest contributor to soil, water and air pollution in the state, health concerns will remain a viable topic of discussion. The more people know about the problems facing us now and into the future, the better the chances that public pressure will effect an attitude shift among politicians and the regulatory agencies to find solutions to the rural health dilemma.
- 9 Things Everyone Should Know About Farmed Fish
- If you live in Northeast Wisconsin…
- Can Animal Foods Be Produced Sustainably? (Part Two – Organic Follies)
- Why should I care about GMO foods?
- 10 Things I Wish All Americans Knew About The Meat and Dairy Industries
- Life in Kewaunee County these days…
- Save the Date for Rural Health Forum
- DNR considers Ebert permit renewal…
- Factory Farming And Public Health
- The Scarecrow: Chipolte's new ad
- Factory Farm Legacy: Animal Torture, Water and Air Pollution and Antibiotic-Resistant Superbugs
- MRSA and Factory Farms; What’s the connection?
- Family farms not factory farms…
- Another GREAT Chipotle Ad
- A case for regulating all CAFOs
- A Lesson in Farmwashing from the Golden Arches
- Factory Food From Above: Satellite Images of Industrial Farms
- Why bees are disappearing…
- Latest Water Test Results Show High E.coli Bacteria Count
- The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil
- Public Hearing Set for September 5th
- Can Animal Foods Be Produced Sustainably?